Tuesday, February 11, 2014

It's raining, obviously

Because that's what it does here. 

I got into London on an evening train from Birmingham on Friday, so didn't have time to be too touristy. I did however have time to go shopping! The Marble Arch area is pretty great for buying stuff. My suitcase is officially full. There's one store here called Primark which is kind of like Forever 21 but with better rack organization. The clothing is fashionable but really inexpensive, and the store is huge. It was a mad house! There aren't carts of course, but wheeling baskets, and people had collections of them overflowing. Like, one person would have 4 baskets stacked on top of one another. It seemed like families came from all over Europe to this store specifically to shop for their entire wardrobe for the next 6 months. The picture I most wish that I'd captured was from the dressing room entrance. They had us stopped from going in, which I thought was really odd, only to have one of the employees sweeping out mounds of empty hangers that had been left on the changing room floor. Completely insane! I had been to a Primark previously, and it was very busy with a long checkout line, but this place was absolutely nuts. Chaos!

Saturday, despite the rain, I wandered around Covent Garden and walked to the British Museum. After staring at some old stuff I walked around the usual suspects in London Tourism - Trafalgar Square , Parliament, Westminster Abby, Buckingham Palace... It was a bit of a wet walk and while I did enjoy it, I also suffered for it. My blisters did not bode well for the plant tours that followed!


No comments:

Post a Comment